Bicycle Friendly Communities
Washington D.C., Arlington, and Alexandria's system of bike trails, lanes and routes rank among the best in the country! Nationally recognized as Bicycle Friendly Communities by the League of American Bicyclists, Washington D.C., Arlington, and Alexandria are the perfect places to travel and explore by bike. The region is laced with an extensive and growing network of off-street trails, on-street bike lanes, separated cycletracks, and sharrows. There are even bike lanes on one of the most iconic streets in America: Pennsylvania Avenue!
Looking for ideas on how to use Capital Bikeshare?
- Run errands and skip on the cost of parking.
- Get exercise on your way to work and save on trips to the gym.
- Go to business meetings.
- Expand your lunch options by riding to nearby neighborhoods to grab a bite.
- Ride to a ball game (Nationals, Capitals, DC United, Wizards are all accessible!).
- Visit your favorite nighttime hot spots.
- Enjoy the National Mall and monuments up close and personal.
- District Department of Transportation
- Arlington's Car-free Diet
- Local Motion Alexandria
- Washington Area Bicyclist Association
- Alexandria Bikeways Network Map, Information
- Arlington County Bike Map Map, Information
- goDCgo Interactive Map (includes all transportation options)
- DC Bike Map Downtown, Entire City
- O'Brien's Bikeshare Station Map